To ensure the health and safety of guests and employees at Edith Macy Center, a comprehensivereview of the physical building and operations has been assessed, utilizing the latest scientific data and best industry practices from several resources. Therefore, we are confident that the re-opening of Edith Macy Center will be done safely and using the best methods of cleanliness knownand available. Below are some of the sources of information we rely upon.
Hearthstone Dining and Commons Bar
1. Switches and Electronic Controls – lights, lamps, switches, electronic controls, climate controls
2. Handles & Knobs – doors, closets, drawers, furniture knobs and shade pulls
3. Bathroom Surfaces – toilet handles, seats, shower controls, sink faucets
4. Telephones, Remote Controls and Clocks – handsets, dial pads and control buttons
5. Beds & Bedding – bed linens, duvets and covers, blankets
6. Bath Amenities – individual amenities, tissue boxes and covers, soap dishes, amenity trays, hair dryer, makeup mirrors
7. Hard Surfaces – tables, desks and nightstands
8. Closet Materials – iron and board, hangers, spare blanket and linen packages
9. In-Room Items – drinkware, ice buckets, refrigerators, coffee makers
Post COVID-19 at Edith Macy Center,we are dedicated to achieving the highest levels of sanitation in all meeting spaces and respecting physical distancing requirements as set by the CDC and state/local health officials.
Our goal, as always, is to provide top level service to
enhance your meeting experience. Added to that goal is our joint responsibility with your organization to minimize the risk of further virus spread by communicating and following
the best practices available to us at the time of your meeting.
As the event environment changes, it will be more important than ever to continue to create
experiences thatpromote collaboration and engagement, with a renewed focus on health and safety.
As ‘Macy’ looks toward the future, our team is considering the flexibility and vision necessary to accommodate the changing demands and safety of our clientele.
Shuttles were designed to maximize the number of people that can be transported within a vehicle foot print. We are reverse engineering those confines to strategically seat customers to maintain the appropriate distance from one another, as well as addressing load-in and load-outscenarios.
We understand that the proposed configurations significantly hinder capacity, but they are logical outlays with respect to physical distancing guidelines. Our teams are available to work with you to fit your needs.
Tops of seats
ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGES & ADJUSTMENTS DUE TO STATE OR LOCALITY GUIDELINES