Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Compliance Overview
Situated on 405 beautiful, wooded acres, 45 minutes North of Manhattan, Edith Macy Center is a perfect place to stay when visiting the NYC area or meeting with colleagues. If you like to explore the city then escape to a country retreat all in the same day, make Edith Macy Center your home base for your next visit. IACC certified meeting space. Free parking, free WiFi and a veteran staff are included to make you feel welcome.
- PARKING - Two (2) Handicap parking spaces are available near the main entrance - approximately 50 feet from the entrance. Additional handicap parking spots are located in the guest parking area which is roughly 1/4 mile from the entrance. Currently our shuttle vehicles do not have the capability to transport wheelchairs. The handicap parking area near the main entrance is well paved though the grade is a bit steep. Curb cuts allow wheelchair access to ramps to the entrance.
- MAIN CENTER ACCESSIBILITY- Automatic doors are installed at the main entrance, rear entrance and to guest room buildings where accessible guest rooms are located. Ramps throughout the main center allow wheelchair access to guest areas and all meeting rooms. There are no guest elevators on property. Access to guest room buildings is made by covered, paved path or uncovered paved path.
- ACCESSIBLE GUESTROOMS- Rooms designated as accessible are located closest to the building entrance near the ramp ways. Accessible double rooms include a 3-foot wide entrance door; two double beds; bathroom with outward swinging door; shower with 2-inch floor lip, handrails, integrated shower seat, hand held shower; toilet with two-sided handrails; sink and vanity. Guest rooms and bathrooms were built in 1982 and do not have ADA specification wheelchair turning radius.
- HEARING IMPAIRED- Guestroom kits for hearing impaired guests are available at the Front Desk and the property also has access to a Sorenson video translation relay for the hearing impaired.
- FITNESS EQUIPMENT- Exercise equipment is currently not located in an area directly accessible from the guestrooms.